The Prince is still coming up with the witty comments. 


****


This week, he was watching Sid the Science Kid. Prince Charming came in and and a conversation started about the show. I can't remember what Prince Charming said, but I said something about how Sid likes to learn. The prince said, "He's not real AND he's a muppet."


 ****

The big excitement of the week was the truck that Prince Charming picked up for a friend. We are babysitting the truck and Prince Charming will deliver it to his out-of-state friend in a couple of weeks. In the meanwhile, the prince is keeping a close eye on when the truck comes and goes. He has been airing it out and even checked under the hood. Then, he asked Prince Charming, "Why does it have a joystick?" I guess he was too young to remember Prince Charming's previous truck that had a manual transmission.


Several times, he asked about Prince Charming's previous trucks and why we don't still have them. So, we discussed trade-ins and why you don't keep everything. Prince Charming made some crazy comment about it being time to trade me in. The prince looked at me with wide eyes.


Me: Do you want to trade me in and get a new mommy?
Prince: (thinking)
Me: (indignantly waiting)
Prince: We'll come visit you at the orphanage.


****


I'm linking to Tiny Talk Tuesday so you can see what other cute things the children are saying. 


The grass is green. It’s good to be
 

date Tuesday, February 8, 2011

1 comments to “Trade In”

  1. Jennifer @ Our Family Forest
    February 9, 2011 at 10:20 PM

    I love the premise of this blog! Its so original! I am now following your blog! I love the "muppet" comeback! Too cute!

Leave a Reply:

I'm around kids and critters all day. I'd appreciate some adult human conversation. Please leave a comment.