I know that it is February. February means Winter, but hasn't this winter been something? Places that never get snow were shut down because of snow. On our December trip to Florida, we were colder than if we'd stayed home. I don't even know if the groundhog saw his shadow. (The prince and princess were sick this week and ... I generally don't take advice from groundhogs!)


I don't know about you, but I have been thinking about warmer weather. The bulk of our cow herd will be calving, strawberries will be in full production, the sun will be shining, and the kids will be spending more time outside. We really have been needing some swing sets for kids around here. We had one once, but after the first good storm, we found it in the cow pasture.


So, I did a rough sketch for our handyman/friend, the Duke of Pearl. (It is to be a surprise, so I told the prince it was a trellis for my Morning Glory vines.) The Duke of Pearl hasn't started work on it yet. So, I've still been looking for ones already put together. Well, last night, I found this one and this one through csnstores.com.


I don't know about you, but just planning for Spring makes it seem that much closer. What do you do to get ready for Spring?

The grass is green. It’s good to be

 

date Friday, February 4, 2011

1 comments to “Come On Spring!!!”

  1. berrypatch
    February 8, 2011 at 6:14 PM

    I totally appreciate this post. We have been getting hit with a lot of snow lately and I am very much ready for spring to come NOW! ;-) I just gave you a blog award. http://maineberrypatch.blogspot.com/2011/02/procrastination-pays-off-sometimes.html

Leave a Reply:

I'm around kids and critters all day. I'd appreciate some adult human conversation. Please leave a comment.