See n Read


Title: See-N-Read Reading Tool

Target Age: any
Format: hand-held aide made of PET film
Price: prices vary based on size of product and quantity ordered
         See-N-Read prices are here
         Memory Mark prices are here
         eSee-N-Read prices are here
See n Read


The See-N-Read is an aide for reading. It is a piece of PET film that is mostly gray with a window for viewing the printed page.  The original See-N-Read is the full sheet of plastic. The Memory Mark has an open window to allow for highlighting or making notes in the window without losing your place. The eSee-N-Read is a downloadable component for your computer.


The See-n-Read and Memory Mark come in a 5-1/2" x 3"  book size and a 8-1/2" x 3" document size pieces.


To quote the See N Read website:
Practical design is based on extensive research in the fields of reading, dyslexia, ophthalmology and visual and cognitive processing. It offers a proven solution to tracking, fluency and comprehension issues that may surface during the RtI review process.
SEE: Helps readers to concentrate on and track text with their eyes and to smoothly move between words even when changing lines, thereby increasing fluency and comprehension.

FOCUS: The clear reading window helps readers control their fields of vision and focus on each line of text. The tinted transparent area around the clear window reduces distractions on the page and allows readers to move smoothly to the next line without stopping. It also enables them to re-read without moving the tool in order to keep their place on the page.
REMEMBER: Improved control of field of vision helps readers concentrate on content instead of constantly using mental energy to track the location of words on the page. 
There is a lot of research information on the company website.




The Queen's Assessment
I really liked this product. The prince used it at first for some reading, but I'll admit that I used it for a lot of things too. 

I'm not really sure that I noticed a big difference in the prince's reading or fluency while using this product. His stumbling blocks seem to be the words on the same line, not on adjacent lines. If there were a slide on it that would reveal one word at a time, I think he would really benefit. 


I used this on our road trip to Florida. We were reading a book aloud while en route. While bouncing in a Ford F350, I was able to use the See-N-Read to keep my eye on the line much easier. The page seemed whiter in the vision box of the Memory Mark guide. A whiter page made the words seem darker and clearer. I think this helped reduce eye strain too.

I also used the Memory Mark and eSee-N-Read upon our return to work on our end-of-the-year bookkeeping for the farm. I had journals on the computer to read and apply to a printed page that I had on the desk. The eSee-N-Read marked my place on the computer screen and the Memory Mark allowed me to mark things on my printed sheet. The vision window was great for keeping lines of type distinguished for me and allowing me to highlight and underline text. 


Other Homeschool Crew Members reviewed this product. Be sure to find out what they thought at 
The Homeschool Crew Blog.

Photobucket 
Disclaimer: This was a review of my experience with the product described. I tried to give a complete and honest assessment. In order to review the product, I received each item for free with no additional compensation. This in no way influenced my review of the product. The opinions expressed are my own and were not affected or edited by anyone prior to publishing.




The grass is green. It’s good to be
 


date Friday, January 7, 2011

0 comments to “See N Read Review”

Leave a Reply:

I'm around kids and critters all day. I'd appreciate some adult human conversation. Please leave a comment.