The Prince has been up to some of his funny thoughts again. Really, they are never-ending, but these stand out to me from the past week:


We were doing some Science experiments in the kitchen. The lesson was on taste buds. So, we were tasting things. A part of the lesson even involved a blindfold. After saying three times that he didn't want to be a lab rat, I thought we were doomed. Prince Charming was home at the time and made some comment about how Dr. Jekyll had to taste a lot of things for his experiments. I made some comment about how that probably wasn't the best argument for science, and continued to lure the prince back to our lab. He relented and we finished the lesson. 


It just so happened that this was also the day that we were going to have an introduction to the state of Florida (my home state). In our literature, we learned that Gatorade was developed at the University of Florida in the 1960s. The conversation went like this:


ME: Ya know what? I know somebody who tasted the Gatorade when they were first inventing it.
PRINCE: HO-LEE! Is he alive or dead?
ME: (half chuckling) He's alive.


*****


In a Grammar lesson, the instructions said to "write an argument to convince your parents to take you to the park. Use as many thinking and feeling verbs as you can."  Not wanting him to actually ARGUE with me, I paraphrased:


ME: What would you say to me to talk me into taking you to the park?
PRINCE: How do you write, 'Let's not go to the park." ?
ME: (thinking he just wanted to get out of the assignment) No, you have to write about how you would talk me into taking you.
PRINCE: You know, Reverse Biology.
ME: (really trying to keep my composure) You mean "Reverse Psychology."


As he worked on it, I ran to the other room to tell Prince Charming.
Over the last few days, we have been working on math assignments that involve adding and subtracting 2-digit numbers. One day, we reviewed the previous day's assignment of adding 2 digit numbers. Then, we started doing subtraction. The Prince was having lots of daydreams during school that day. When I finally got him to focus on the assignment, he would add instead of subtract. 

ME: We are doing subtraction.
PRINCE: UGH!! Bless you evil curses of math.
****

I'm linking to Tiny Talk Tuesday so you can see what other cute things the children are saying. 


The grass is green. It’s good to be
 

date Tuesday, January 25, 2011

5 comments to “The Lab Rat and Other Things Funny”

  1. Jennifer
    January 25, 2011 at 11:00 PM

    Now I can say I've had my chuckle for the day. I must say I feel similarly about math - evil curses - but don't tell my boys; they actually LIKE it - weird kids that they are!

  1. Emily
    January 26, 2011 at 6:28 AM

    PERSUADE your parents to let you go to the park.

    P.S. Do you really know Chip?

  1. Beverly
    January 26, 2011 at 7:48 AM

    Yes, I really know Chip ... and his wife and I met one of his daughters.

    He's really much more humble than his superstar status :)

  1. Christina
    January 28, 2011 at 4:17 PM

    Said, "It's great to be a Florida Gator!"

  1. Beverly
    January 28, 2011 at 5:29 PM

    Yes, Christina. Yes it is!

Leave a Reply:

I'm around kids and critters all day. I'd appreciate some adult human conversation. Please leave a comment.