I thought I’d try something new today. Hopefully, it will be fun for everyone. I thought we could create a list of “You Know You Homeschool When …”  You know, those things that just happen and you know it is because you school at home and/or wonder if they happen in the homes of you public-schooled counterparts. This will be an occasional happening here on The Cow Queen. Feel free to add your story to the one below by way of the Linky Tool at the bottom.

One day last week, we were finished with our homeschooling for the day. I had gone back to Mommy World to do some work and the prince was pacing through the front of the house wondering where Prince Charming was and what he was doing.

I could hear the princess in the classroom saying, “Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death. Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death.” Since we are only just now getting to the Revolutionary War in our history lessons, it took me a while to remember the Liberty Kids video that they were watching a few weeks ago.

Then, my curiosity got the better of me. When I was last in the classroom, she was playing with toy farm animals and a toy tractor. I peeked in the door to see what kind of parade was happening. There was none. She had found a little notepad and pencil and (I guess) was writing Patrick Henry’s famous speech.

Now, it’s your turn. Link up and tell us how your children think …


The grass is green. It’s good to be

date Tuesday, September 21, 2010

0 comments to “Give Me Liberty”

Leave a Reply:

I'm around kids and critters all day. I'd appreciate some adult human conversation. Please leave a comment.