This giveaway is closed.
Do you know much about Thomas Kinkade's art? He is often called "The Painter of Light."
Now, Thomas Kinkade has entered the movie world with a presentation of Christmas Lodge. I read this synopsis on the back of the box:
Anytime, I see "discover her one true love" in a movie or book description I tell myself that I have to watch it without the children ... and Prince Charming probably won't like it. So, I waited for Prince Charming to be out for the evening and watched the movie by myself. Boy, was I surprised!! The G rating actually fit this film!
- In the beginning, Mary and her boyfriend are going to the mountains for the weekend. They clearly get separate rooms.
- When they break up, it is not for some dramatic reason and there isn't a big fight about it.
- There is only one romantic kiss in the whole movie and it is appropriately timed.
- There are no "bedroom scenes."
- It is a movie about love, faith, tradition and family. There is much multi-generational respect ... Mary for her father and grandparents, Jack calls Mary's father and grandfather, "Sir", and Mary's father concedes to his father's request.
I really liked this movie. Some of it was predicable, but very heart-warming. You can watch the trailer here.
The prince is sitting by me as I'm writing this. He saw the DVD case and wanted to know about it. I told him that I had to watch it first and see if it was o.k. for kids. Then, he asked if it was o.k. to watch. I think we now have a plan for this evening.
Plan to watch this movie in the next month or two. I have an extra copy to give away. Just leave a comment telling me that you want to win. Comments close at midnight eastern time on November 16. Remember to leave a way for me to contact you.
Disclaimer: Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
The grass is green. It’s good to be