have no story to go with this post. I was just trying to find a recipe that would work with short ribs in the crockpot. I find that if I cook them on the stove, they come out more chewy than I would like. But this, this recipe made them fall-off-the bone, melt-in-your mouth gooooood.

Here we go. You'll need:

beef short ribs, flour, paprika, chili powder, salt, black pepper, olive oil, apple juice, beef boullion, onion

Dredge the ribs in a mixture of flour, paprika, chili powder, salt, and black pepper.


In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Sear the ribs on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.

Transfer ribs to the crockpot.

In the same skillet, heat the apple juice and beef broth. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of flour mixture.


Pour liquidover the ribs and add chopped onion. (after these cooked a while, I moved them around so all the ribs were in the liquid)

Cover and cook on Low for 10 hours.


See that clean bone! I told you it was fall-off-the bone, melt-in-your mouth gooooood.


I served mine on a bed of cheese grits. I'm in the south. It's what I am (G.R.I.T.S = Girl Raised In The South) and what I eat. "Grits is groceries."

Linking to Mouthwatering Monday.

The grass is green. It is good to be

date Monday, June 14, 2010

2 comments to “Crockpot Beef Short Ribs”

  1. April@The 21st Century Housewife
    June 15, 2010 at 5:33 AM

    Your ribs are making my mouth water - they look wonderful!

  1. Julie Coney
    June 28, 2010 at 12:19 PM

    this looks SOOO good!.... we often get short ribs when we split a side with someone, I never know quite how to cook them. They are always "chewy" I am excited to try this recipe! thanks for sharing.

Leave a Reply:

I'm around kids and critters all day. I'd appreciate some adult human conversation. Please leave a comment.