O.K. The pictures may not be perfect, but they are getting better.

Have you ever missed the greatest picture because you had to get so close that the subject left or stopped doing whatever cute thing they were doing? Kids and critters are notorious for this.


Well, I got a new Canon Zoom Lens (70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM) for my birthday last fall. It is amazing. I think the color is more intense and the images seem to be clearer. It has an Image Stabilizer system. That means, I can hold the heavy (relative term) thing in my hand and not have to use a tripod. I've even taken pictures while I'm walking and they come out with no shake! 

We took a hike to the river yesterday. I was able to take pictures of my fellow hikers without needing the tripod. And, I was able to "sneak" the pictures from a distance. Take a look:

They never even knew I was taking the pictures. The little one would have changed what she was doing, and the big one would have been making faces. It was so much easier to capture the moment from a distance.

Here are some other pictures from the farm ...
That would have been one dusty photo, if I had gotten close enough with my other lens!


Some mama cows are like some mama people. If you get too close to their babies, they will get you! This was just close enough!

If I had been any closer to these cows, I may have spooked them and missed the shot.

I'm really loving my new lens!

I'm linking up to I'm Lovin' It, Feature Yourself Friday, and Friday Favorites.  Hop on over to see what other people are loving.

Disclaimer: This is just a blog post about my lens. Canon has no idea who I am. If I dropped off the face of the planet, they would go about business as usual. I wrote this because I love my new lens and am having fun with it. I received no compensation from Canon or anyone else. 

date Friday, April 9, 2010

3 comments to “Picture Perfect”

  1. Jerri at Simply Sweet Home
    April 13, 2010 at 11:26 PM

    Your pictures look so clear. I wish I could get a new camera! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

  1. Rachelle
    April 15, 2010 at 7:09 PM

    Love this!! Your pictures look great! I'm so glad you linked up! I'm gonna share this tonight at FYF :) Stop by again!

  1. Queen Beverly
    April 15, 2010 at 7:21 PM

    Thanks ladies. I find so much inspiration from your blog parties.

Leave a Reply:

I'm around kids and critters all day. I'd appreciate some adult human conversation. Please leave a comment.